Facing Addiction – Inspiring Recovery - Transforming Lives
With deep appreciation, I present our 2017 Year-End Update.
People Helping People
· Operation Integrity (OI) is helping men and women in 7 U.S. States heal from their addictions, becoming transformed people who help other people recover. I continue my work with Clergy and Christian Leaders in several U.S. Cities, The UK, Shanghai and recently in Northern Ireland, assisting a young pastor plant a recovery fellowship to help himself and others – a first for the area.
· We continue helping dozens of men and their families at home, Coast Hills Church. Lives transformed in community through OI’s 45 & 90 Day Programs and ongoing fellowship.
Partnering and Expanding
· This year, I joined the faculty of THE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE (TLI) to do addiction & recovery training for Pastors who come to TLI from around the world and develop retreats in southern California to help men and women enlarge their personal recovery through TLI.
· This Fall I began working more closely with MARINERS CHURCH RECOVERY MINISTRY (MRM) - Irvine Campus, taping a Video Series sure to reach thousands of people in an ongoing partnership with MRM and OI – one that will grow significantly this next year.
· I also completed content development for 8 Videos for a treatment program to use in their centers.
· My books OUR JOURNEY HOME and WHEN LOST MEN COME HOME, NOT FOR MEN ONLY inspire a diverse group of people hungry to connect more deeply with God and other people. 700+ people are inspired each week by our blog, Operation Integrity Daily. I authored a booklet to help counselors and their clients better collaborate using Christ-centered 12 Steps.
· The computer for Operation Integrity was hacked so we lost our entire 3700+ email list of subscribers and supporters. And, the decision was made to suspend work upgrading the current OI website to review with fresh approach in 2018.
· We immediately begin rebuilding our database, already reconstructing a list of 350 with more added daily. Having consulted with marketing and internet/social media experts, and pending funding, we will launch a simplified operationintegrity.org that will offer online training courses.
· We will always continue blending the love of Jesus with clinical insights and the 12 Steps, offering this narrative through speaking and writing, woven into the fabric of our fellowship programs, and always encouraged as an essential personal experience for recovery.
Healing and Transformation
After 25 years, marriage for Leon and Trisha had grown cold, both were looking for a way out. But Leon made the decision to face his addictions and himself, so he enrolled in an OI Transformation Program that launched him into a journey of spiritual discovery and emotional transformation. Over the next year he became a personal growth leader for Trisha, she followed, together with OI and counseling, they are building intimacy and connection like never before.
And there is Robert, who suffered agonizing addictions to affairs and pornography, which of course brought calamity to his mental and emotional health and that of his wife and family. A church attender his whole life, Robert had given up on the possibility he could experience the freedom his heart longed to know. Doing his OI work, Robert learned to face the trauma and deep sadness of his childhood, embracing the value of being honest about himself with others, which helped him be even more honest with himself. His wife saw a difference in him and met him half way. Today, their whole family is healing.
Your Chance to Help
Operation Integrity needs $33,000.00 to complete our 2017 budget and provide a strong start for 2018. I ask that you financially support our work. (All donations are tax deductible.) Over and above what I have shared above, your donation will…
· Fund The Roger M. Fund (scholarships 45 & 90 Day Programs for those unable to pay).
· My personal support for doing this work.
· Print and ship literature sent to inmates through prison chaplains.
· Everyday expenses including shipping and postage costs, vehicle and travel expenses, communications, professional services, social media management and website development and maintenance.
· Client care such as temporary housing (sober-living), and sometimes help with food and clothing, as well as employer relations and family support and counseling.
· Print and ship literature in support of developing recovery groups in U.S and overseas.
Thank you in advance. Most of all, thank you for your ongoing support through prayer.
To support Operation Integrity.
1. Visit www.operationintegrity.org
2. Mail your check to Operation Integrity
2040 Camino del Avion #A115
Monarch Beach CA 92629
Yours in Christ and recovery,
Follow us on Facebook